- RSS Channel Showcase 1098221
- RSS Channel Showcase 2593522
- RSS Channel Showcase 8571799
- RSS Channel Showcase 9305860
Articles on this Page
- 03/15/13--18:35: _Cinnamon Vanilla Mi...
- 07/24/13--19:56: _Bringing Back the I...
- 12/12/13--18:03: _Homemade Place Card...
- 01/15/14--18:45: _Honey Cinnamon Appl...
- 05/05/14--20:04: _“Healthier” Zucchin...
- 11/17/14--14:29: _The Excitement of “...
- 09/15/15--18:24: _Black Bean Avocado ...
- 10/14/15--08:45: _DIY: Fleece Fashion...
- 10/23/15--14:19: _“Super” Stuffed Swe...
- 03/22/16--19:16: _Eggs with Pizazz & ...
- 10/15/12--19:22: _Halloween Witch Coo...
- 05/16/17--06:58: _Dear Father Time,
- 07/24/17--12:51: _Blueberry Picking D...
- 05/22/18--10:08: _Leftover Bagel Brea...
- 03/15/13--18:35: Cinnamon Vanilla Milk Drink
- 07/24/13--19:56: Bringing Back the Ice Cream Social
- 12/12/13--18:03: Homemade Place Cards: Kid Project
- 01/15/14--18:45: Honey Cinnamon Apple Dip
- 05/05/14--20:04: “Healthier” Zucchini Muffins
- 11/17/14--14:29: The Excitement of “Firsts”
- 09/15/15--18:24: Black Bean Avocado Waffle Fry Bites
- 10/14/15--08:45: DIY: Fleece Fashions for Furry Friends
- 10/23/15--14:19: “Super” Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 03/22/16--19:16: Eggs with Pizazz & Panache
- 10/15/12--19:22: Halloween Witch Cookies
- 05/16/17--06:58: Dear Father Time,
- 07/24/17--12:51: Blueberry Picking Day Trip from Chicago
- 05/22/18--10:08: Leftover Bagel Bread Pudding
Treating snack time with a little pomp and circumstance as I ease away from sugar habits. It is so easy to get in the habit of rewarding kids with sugar. We find ourselves taking away treats as punishment, offering M&Ms as a reward to go pee pee on the potty, and celebrating big occasions with […]
In honor of National Ice Cream Month, we rounded up the neighbors and hosted an ice cream social. I always get a kick out of seemingly pointless food holidays. Though they may be invented by people to try to sell more of something and as marketing ploys, I am the first to jump on the […]
Need to keep kids occupied while preparing for a dinner party? Get them involved in the right kind of tasks. It’s amazing what some zig-zag scissors and scrap paper can do to keep a small child occupied when they have a goal and feel important. My kids love to help me cook and especially bake. […]
A healthy, easy snack option that won’t break any resolutions. I’m still carrying around the “extra holiday 5” and haven’t quite mustered up the determination to completely alter my loose eating habits. The polar vortex and sub zero temperatures followed by regular old winter weather has continued to give us validation that the extra insulation […]
A fresh attempt to get more veggies down my kid’s hatch. I am certainly not the first mom to sneak veggies into sweet breads or muffins and try to convince herself that she won a point in the epic battle of getting her kid to eat more green stuff. My younger (3 year old) daughter […]
Mini Whipped and I trekked to Drury Lane Theatre in Oakbrook to review the musical Camelot. It was an afternoon we will likely both remember forever. One of the great joys of raising children is the ability to rediscover the world through their fresh eyes. There is only one “first” for everything and a child’s world […]
This post is sponsored by Alexia Foods though all opinions are my own. We are still working on smoothing out the kinks in our ‘back to school’ routine. It seems that no matter how much you prepare, it still takes time to get into the groove again. Luckily, the kids were eager to return to […]
Are your kid’s stuffed animals and dolls appropriately dressed for the coming cooler seasons?! Last year, I found my way to a nearby fabric store and discover a 50 yard wall of fleece. Dozens of bright hues and patterns called to me. I had to find a project so that my girls and I had […]
A super food packed meal that is easy, inexpensive and earned a tasty thumbs up from both the kids! I’ve always been a sucker for a challenge. As a kid, when playing truth or dare, I was hungry for the double dare. When my pottery teacher told me there was no way I’d be making […]
Looking for something fresh this Easter? Find fresh ideas on the roundup I pulled together for Mode. Check out EGGstravagant Easter Egg Decorating Techniques by Caroline Lubbers // Whipped at Mode
This weekend, we learned that a Christmas Tree cookie cutter can also make Halloween Witch cookies. On Saturday, Mini Whipped and I spent nearly a half hour scrolling through the image results of a general Google search for “Halloween cookies.” Ghosts, candy corn, bright orange, dark chocolate, spiders, ghouls and goblins. We were drawn to […]
Dear Father Time, I am a mother of two young girls writing to file a complaint. You continue to be so rigid in your ways, despite numerous repeated requests imploring you to slow down! As you march forth at your same measured pace, our pleading falls on seemingly deaf ears. You just forge ahead, and […]
It’s blueberry season! Time to stock up the freezer, load up on this delicious super food, and eat more BLUE foods. It’s true what they say… those little, dark blue berries are delicious AND good for you. We enjoyed our first trip to the Blueberry farm this past weekend and have another scheduled excursion for next […]
Turn trash into treasure? Who WOULDN’T want to do that?! A few months ago, I was hesitating about throwing away a bag of cinnamon raisin mini bagels that had been sitting on my counter too long. With each passing day, they became even more dry and less appetizing. Food waste has always bothered me and […]